INHOUSE training available (terms and condition apply)
- Understand own emotion and stress level
- Discover the root cause of anger and be aware of the triggers for negative emotions
- Realise that the negative emotion is just a manageable 'temporary state'
- Manage anger and other negative emotions before they go uncontrollable
- Know what are the causes and sources of stress
- Know the effect when place under tremendous physical or psychological stress
- Analyse one’s job and how to spot warning signals
- Take actions to reduce stress to a healthy level
- Make time to relax – some exercises that can be done at the workplace to relieve stress
- Help other people in stressful situation
A series of mini-lectures, exercises, games, group discussion and activities. There are mini workshops to apply the techniques learned through the training sessions.
Who Should Attend?
MODULE 1: ANGER AND AGGRESSION AT THE WORKPLACE
- How our society creates angry people
- The reasons for the rise in angry incidents in the office
- What happens when we get angry – how anger affects our bodies, our health and our minds
- Why we can’t think clearly when we are angry
- Common myths about anger
- How to recognize what triggers your own ‘anger trances’
MODULE 2: HOW TO EFFECTIVELY CONTROL YOUR OWN ANGER
- The connection between anger and depression
- How to relax deeply in five minutes or less
- How to neutralise negative self suggestions
- How and why our thought processes can deceive us.
- How to see problems from different perspectives
- The LIFE model of effective communication – simple but powerfully effective ways to prevent anger build-up through effective communication skills
MODULE 3: COPING EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHER PEOPLE’S ANGER
- Moving your mind and body into an appropriate state of relaxed alertness
- How to use non-verbal body language to lower the emotional temperature in a situation and build rapport
- Three invaluable techniques for disarming criticism
MODULE 4: UNDERSTANDING STRESS
- What is stress?
- The circumstances you got through while at work
- Do you know the effect of stress?
- Recognize the symptoms
- Physical signs, emotional signs
- Measuring your stress level
MODULE 5 : STRESS CYCLES & CAUSES
- Yearly cycles, monthly cycles, weekly cycles, daily cycles
- Major causes of stress
- Manage your time – planning, scheduling, prioritization & delegation
- Manage your work relationship
- Make time to relax - at work, exercises you can do at work
- Helping others to cope
Certificate will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the course