16 hours (2 days)
Main Office (Bendemeer)
72 Bendemeer Road, #03-29 Luzerne, Singapore 339941
This course is accredited by NFAC and ECDA.
Course Code: CRS-N-0040357
- Attendance: Achieve 100% for entire course and 100% for Child/Infant CPR
- Written Assessment: 70% to pass CFAC MCQ
- Practical Assessment: Obtain ‘C’ (Competent)
English, Mandarin (2017)
The Child First Aid Course is a compulsory course for childcare and pre-school professionals under the Early Childhood Development Agency’s licensing framework. The aim of the course is to provide relevant knowledge and skills in rendering first aid treatment to a child or infant during any emergency at the childcare or pre-school centers. Any individuals with interest in child/infant first aid.
This course is accredited by the National First Aid Council (NFAC), Singapore.
Upon successful completion of course, a certification with 2 years validity will be issued.
- Provide trainees with safety information and standards for children and infants in Singapore
- Prepare trainees with the necessary skills in identifying, planning and managing and emergency situation at home or in school
- Equip trainees with the skills in rendering first aid to common accidents among infants and children, its related injuries and medical emergencies
- Equip trainees with the skills in providing effective resuscitation (CPR) to a child and an infant during emergencies
- Recognise a medical emergency situation involving children and infants
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency
- Perform the necessary and correct first aid treatment to a child/infant casualty based on their injuries
- Perform CPR on children and infants during an emergency
- Perform the Necessary first aid treatment for Foreign body airway obstruction on children and infants
- Duties and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Handling and Transportation of the Injured
- Circulation and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Circulatory System, Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Poisons, Bites and Stings
- Bones, Joints, Muscle Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Respiratory Choking and Breathing Difficulties
Any individuals with interest in first aid or compulsory course for childcare and pre-school professionals under the Early Childhood Development Agency’s (ECDA) licensing.
The course is for individuals holding current and valid CFAC course certificate which is near to expiry and wishes to renew this certification (no grace period).
Participant must have successfully completed the Child First Aid Course (CFA) and currently holding a valid CFA certificate (no grace period).
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above.
- Does not have any history or underlying medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities/problems such as knee, spinal or joints injury (please consult your doctor to get the necessary clearance to undertake the CPR practice and assessment)
- Pregnant ladies are highly discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons