24 hours (3 days)
Main Office (Bendemeer)
72 Bendemeer Road, #03-29 Luzerne, Singapore 339941
This 3-day course is designed to provide existing auditors with the skills and knowledge required to audit Energy Management Systems (EnMS) established to ISO 50001:2011 requirements and how to assess their effectiveness. It imparts auditing skills and knowledge for carrying out an energy management audit. It is for existing auditors of other management systems.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for existing auditors of other management standards who wish to carry out energy management system audits.
- Energy issues
- Energy Management Systems overview
- What to look for in policy, planning and procedures
- What to identify in implementation and operation
- A brief of national energy legislation and other requirements
- Audit techniques
- Case study and Workshop for auditing practice.
Prior Knowledge Requirements
Management systems audits, preferably through the completion of a Lead auditor course in another discipline
- The requirements of ISO 50001
- The following energy management principles and concepts:
- Principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- Typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organizational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers