This course is accredited by the Learning Service Providers (LSP). The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has requires learning service providers to attain the ISO 29990:2010 Learning Service Provider (LSP) certification as part of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) training.
The ISO 29990:2010 LSP certification is administered by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) through its Certification Bodies (CBs) and will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) Scheme.
Upon successful completion of course, a certification with 2 years validity will be issued.
Who should attend
Any individuals with interest in first aid or has been assigned a WSH-related role in the company. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
The course is for individuals holding a current and valid Occupational First Aid Course with CPR+AED (OFAC) certificate which is near to expiry and wishes to renew this certification (1 month grace period).
• Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider
• List the legal requirements under Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations (Cap. 354A, Rg 4) Reg. 5 (2) for the workplace
• Check and pack contents of First Aid Box
• Apply first aid to accident victims in the workplace
• Manage a medical emergency at the workplace
• Manage victims of hazardous chemicals exposure
• Identify common workplace accidents requiring first aid treatment
1. Duties and Responsibilities of First Aider
2. Handling and Transportation of the Injured
3. Management of Medical Emergencies
4. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & use of AED
5. Circulatory System & Management of Bleeding
6. Skeletal System, Fractures and Dislocations
7. Occupational Eye Injuries
8. Skin and Burn Injuries
9. Respiratory System and Breathing Difficulties
10. Legal Requirements from MOM
11. Chemicals in the Workplace
12. Accident Prevention