Trainees must achieve 100% attendance for entire course.
- Theory Assessment (Multiple Choice Questions; 70% to pass SFA, 80% to pass AED)
- Practical Assessment
- 100% course attendance to be eligible for assessment
Course Medium: English
This course prepares individuals for the role of being a first aider, with the necessary skills in identifying, planning and managing an emergency situation. It equips individuals with the basic information and knowledge on common accidents, medical emergencies, illnesses, injuries and its causes. The aim of the course is to train individuals to render first aid to common accidents, its related injuries and medical emergencies. This course is accredited by the National First Aid Council (NFAC) for the National Registry of Coaches (NROC), Singapore and National Resuscitation Council (NRC), Singapore.
Who should attend
Any individuals with interest in first aid. Good for the general public, homes, schools, offices and communities. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
At the end of the course, individuals will be able to:
- Recognize a medical emergency situation
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency Action Principles
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of identified emergencies, illnesses and injuries
- Perform the necessary and correct first aid treatment to a casualty based on the emergencies, illnesses and injuries
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adult victims.
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Guide to first aid
- Heartsaver (Adult CPR)
- Poison, Bites & Stings
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Heat Related Injuries