This course is accredited by the National First Aid Council (NFAC) for the National Registry of Coaches (NROC), Singapore and National Resuscitation Council (NRC), Singapore.
Course Code: CRS-N-0034703
Trainees must achieve 100% attendance for entire course.
- Theory Assessment (Multiple Choice Questions; 70% to pass SFA, 80% to pass AED)
- Practical Assessment
- 100% course attendance to be eligible for assessment
Course Medium: English
This course prepares individuals for the role of being a first aider, with the necessary skills in identifying, planning and managing an emergency situation. It equips individuals with the basic information and knowledge on common accidents, medical emergencies, illnesses, injuries and its causes. The aim of the course is to train individuals to render first aid to common accidents, its related injuries and medical emergencies.
The course is for individuals holding current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR+AED Course (SFAC CPR+AED) certificate which is near to expiry and wishes to renew this certification.
Upon successful completion of course, a certification with 2 years validity will be issued.
Who should attend
Any individuals with interest in first aid. Good for the general public, homes, schools, offices and communities. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
The course is for individuals holding current and valid Standard First Aid with AED Course (SFAC-AED) certificate which is near to expiry and wishes to renew this certification (no grace period).
At the end of the course, individuals will be able to:
- Recognise a medical emergency situation
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency Action Principles
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of identified emergencies, illnesses and injuries
- Perform the necessary and correct first aid treatment to a casualty based on the emergencies, illnesses and injuries
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adult victims.
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
1. Guide to first aid
2. Revision on First Aid topics; signs, symptoms & treatment
3. Revision on Practical skills in First Aid (Bandaging, Foreign body obstruction & CPR)