40 SDU points awarded upon successful completion of the course
Course code: CRS-Q-0027145-OH
A statement of attainment SOA will be awarded on completion of the course.
This course provides the learner with the knowledge and application skills in toxicology principles and health effects of handling hazardous substances which would enable them to anticipate health risks and take proactive measures for the prevention of ill health.
Who Should Attend?
This course would be suitable for Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Professionals, Occupational Hygiene Professionals, Occupational Health Professionals and other professionals in OH-related fields and others who would like to gain more knowledge in health effects evaluation due to hazardous substances at the workplace.
• Course Introduction
• Health Effects arising from Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Substances
• Hazardous Substances
• Basic Toxicology Concepts
• Relevant Sources of Information
• Legal and Other Requirements applicable to Health Effects of Hazardous Substances
• Factors which impact the extent of Harmful Effects
• Body Systems and Target Organs
• Hazardous Substances commonly found in Workplace, Industrial Processes and Specific Industry / Sectors
• Control of Hazardous Substances
• Toxicological Information
• Epidemiological Information