40 SDU points awarded upon successful completion
Course code: CRS-Q-0027147-OH
A statement of attainment SOA will be awarded on completion of the course.
This course provides the learner with the knowledge and skills in interpreting basic workplace-health practices at the workplace. It equips the participants with knowledge and skills in Occupational Hygiene) to build a good foundation for their careers. These topics covered in the course includes basic knowledge in the recognition, evaluation, anticipation and control of physical, chemical, biological and other human factors-related hazards.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Professionals and Occupational Hygiene (OH) Professionals.
• Course Introduction
• Legal and Other Requirements in Occupational
• Different Careers in Occupational Hygiene
• Human Physiology
• Occupational Hygiene Standards
• Fundamentals of Toxicology
• Risk Assessment
• Measurement of Airborne Contaminants
• Biological Monitoring and Health Surveillance
• Risk Control Approach
• Occupational Hygiene Programmes
• Engineering Controls
• Occupational Vibration and Noise Exposure
• Biological Exposure
• Radiation and Temperature Extremes
• Hazardous Substances