This unit of competency specifies the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of a WSH representative to promote workers’ participation in the WSH programmes.
- WSH Management system and its elements
- WSH Programmes
- Types of incentives for promoting WSH programmes
- Resources for implementing WSH programmes
- Relevant stakeholders for WSH programmes
- WSH training
- Means of obtaining updates on WSH programmes
- Emergency preparedness and response plans
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for front-line workers, staff in supervisory roles or individuals in professional/talent positions without supervisory responsibilities and the self-employed, who have to interact extensively with others on a daily basis, provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships for workplace efficiency.
Statement of Attainment on completion of the course.