The new Singapore Standard, SS 577:2012, for Water Efficiency Management Systems (WEMS) was jointly launched by Singapore Standards Council and PUB, Singapore’s national water agency, in March this year. The newly launched standard is the first of its kind in the world, providing non-domestic water users with a framework, methodology and set of guidelines to put in place policies, systems and processes to improve water efficiency.
Why you need this?
The SS 577:2012 standard was launched to encourage the reduction of water consumption for non-domestic water users. One component is to ensure the development of a Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP), which includes an analysis of current water usage, ability to identify potential costs savings and a timeline for implementation of the plan.
Avanta’s consultants can help you in the implementation of the management system and also in the development of the WEMPs
Funding for SMEs
In order to encourage the adoption of the standard, PUB has in place initiatives and incentives under the 10 per cent Challenge programme in the form of funding, the Water Efficiency Fund (WEF) and recognition through Water Efficiency Building (WEB) Gold and Silver certification. The WEF is a co-funding scheme where funds will be provided to help companies to monitor and improve their water usage, and develop their WEMPs. As for the WEB certification, in order to be certified as a Gold Certification Water user, the water user will have to be certified against the Singapore Standard SS 577:2012 by a certification body accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council.
1. Feasibility Study Project
· Certification to SS 577:2012 Water Efficiency Management Systems. PUB will co-fund 50% of the total costs for certification (consultancy cost and 1st year certification audit cost for SS577:2012) under Feasibility Study Project, subject to a cap of $10,000*.
*For premises with monthly water consumption of 1,000 cu m or less, the funding cap will be $5,000.
· Funding for certification to SS577:2012 is considered revenue in nature and taxable by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
· PUB will co-fund 50% of the feasibility study cost, subject to a cap of $50,000.
· In the event that the feasibility study shows that it is not feasible to implement the water conservation initiatives, PUB will co-fund 10% of the feasibility study cost, subject to a cap of $10,000.
2. Water Audit Project
· PUB will co-fund 90% of the water audit cost, subject to a cap of $15,000*. This water audit cost can include the cost of procuring and/or installation of water meters. The meters shall be procured from PUB subject to availability.
· PUB will co-fund an additional 90% of the upgrading /installation cost for remote metering, if any, subject to an additional cap of $15,000*.
· For water audit projects which involve consultancy study, the funding for the consultancy study component is considered revenue in nature and taxable by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
*For premises with monthly water consumption of 1,000 cu m or less, the funding cap will be $5,000. For premises with monthly water consumption > 1,000 cu m and ≤ 3,000 cu m/mth, the funding cap will be $10,000.
3. Recycling Efforts / Use of Alternative Source of Water
With effect from 1 Apr 14,
· PUB will support the customer at $0.60 for every m3 of PW / $0.30 for every m3 of NW / $0.10 for every m3 of IW saved over the economic life of the facilities or 7 years (whichever is earlier), or
· up to 50% of the capital cost of the facilities.
whichever is lower and subject to a cap of $1 million per project.
4. Community-wide Water Conservation Campaigns and Programmes
· PUB will co-fund 50% of cost of organising the programme, subject to a cap of $200 - $5,000 (depending on type of programme).
· Items considered for funding include educational materials such as posters, pamphlets, rental of venue, etc.
· Funding of community wide water conservation campaigns and programmes is considered revenue in nature and taxable by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
Projects Not Eligible for Funding
The following are not eligible for funding:
· Rainwater harvesting projects.
· Initiatives that are put in place to comply with regulatory requirements, e.g. water-saving devices such as water efficient taps and flushing cisterns, trade effluent discharge limits or earth control requirements.
· Premises that purchase water efficient fittings like taps, showerheads, flushing cisterns, urinals etc.
· Use of NW/IW to replace potable water.
· New developments and premises undergoing redevelopment with building plan submission from 1 April 2013 are not eligible for funding of procurement and /or installation of private water meters and remote metering under Water Audit Projects
Email address: email@example.com
Tel: +65 6295 2112
Fax: +65 6295 6683
Address: 72 Bendemeer Road, #03-29 Luzerne, Singapore 339941
· ISO 9001:2015 Management system ( ICV & CDG Funded)
· ISO 14001:2015 Management System (ICV & CDG Funded)
· OHSAS 18001:2007 Management System ( ICV & CDG Funded)
· Bizsafe program administered by WSH council ( CDG Funded)
· ISO 22301:2012 Business continuity management system ( CDG funded)
· SS 506 Occupational Health and Safety Management system ( CDG Funded)
· ISO 50001:2011 Energy management System ( CDG Funded)
· ISO 22000 ( HACCP) management system ( CDG funded)
· Behaviour Based Safety management system ( CDG Funded)
· ISO 14064:2006 Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions and reporting ( CDG Funded)
· SS 577:2012 Water efficiency management system ( WEF funding available)
· EHS Legal Updating service
· ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 Integrated management system
· ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2011 Management system ( CDG Funded)
· ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22301:2011 Management system ( CDG Funded)
· MOM ( Ministry of Manpower) auditing services
· WSH ( Workplace Safety and Health) Council Auditing Services
· Management system auditing services
· Electronic Industry Auditing services
· Other Auditing services
Project management (EHS Outsourcing)
· MOM registered Workplace Safety and health officers ( WSHO)
· NEA registered Control Officers ( ECO)
· SCDF Registered Fire Safety Managers ( FSM)
· Certified Professionals ( WSH Coordinators, Safety Supervisors etc.,)
· Other positions as required as site or at factories
· ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead auditor course
· ISO 9001:2015 QMS Transition Course
· ISO 14001:2015 lead auditor Course
· OHSAS 18001:2007 OHS Lead auditor course
· OHSAS 18001:2007 OHS Conversion Course
· ISO 50001:2011 Energy management Lead auditor course
· ISO 50001:2011 Energy management Conversion course
· ISO 27001:2011 ISMS Lead auditor course.
· NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (* E-Learning Option Available)