AS 9100 D - Aerospace and Defense Quality Standard
AS 9100 D is the Quality Management System requirement for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations. The Aviation Industry is highly regulated with demands and controls that ensure the safety and reliability of Original Equipment Manufacturer products. AS 9100 D, which is built on ISO 9001 standard, provides the industry with a mature, comprehensive quality system for providing safe and reliable products to the aerospace industry. AS 9100 D standard supports the military & civil aviation requirements.
AS 9100 History:
The original standard was published in 1997 and was called AS 9000. This standard was renamed and replaced by AS9100 in 1999. AS9100 was then updated and replaced by AS9100 A in 2001, AS9100 B in 2004, AS9100 C in 2009, and AS9100 D in 2016.
AS9100D is based on the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard. Both standards are organized in the same way and use the same basic numbering system. AS 9100 D distinguish between generic ISO 9001:2015 clauses and those that are specific to the aviation, space, and defense industries.
AS9100D = ISO 9001 2015 clauses + Aviation, Space, and Defense clauses
According to AS 9100 D, organizations' QMS must meet every requirement to claim that it complies with this standard. Requirement may only be excluded if it cannot be applied. Furthermore, organization may exclude or ignore a requirement only if doing so does not compromise organization's ability or responsibility to ensure that its products and services are in compliance and only if organization can justify and explain why organization cannot apply it.
Who needs AS 9100 D?
Companies that design, develop, and/or produce aviation, space and defense products; and by organizations providing post-delivery support, including the provision of maintenance, spare parts, or materials, for their own products.
Benefits of AS 9100 D:
AS 9100 D Aerospace and Defense Quality Standard has following benefits to aerospace industry:
1) Develop a systematic business approach
2) Focus on customer requirement
3) Help organizations to provide products and services that meet customer needs, expectation and requirements
4) Help organizations to comply with all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements
5) Designed to encourage organizations to continually improve the quality and performance of their products and services.
6) Application of AS 9100 D Aerospace and Defense Quality Standard is similar to ISO 9001:2015.
7) Provide framework for organization who intended to improve all aspect in aerospace quality at the same time to gain the confidence to its stakeholder and client.
Implementing AS 9100 D Aerospace and Defense Quality Standard :
Our expert consultants team will ensure a smooth implementing AS 9100 D Aerospace and Defense Quality Standard by providing a implementation plan and ensuring the implementation is complete in a timely and result-oriented way.
Contact us to learn more about AS 9100 D Aerospace and Defense Quality Standard implementation.
Tel: +65 6417 1151
Fax: +65 6295 6683
Address: 72 Bendemeer Road, #03-29 Luzerne, Singapore 339941