PEFC's Chain of Custody certification is a mechanism for tracking certified material from the forest to the final product to ensure that the wood, wood fibre or non-wood forest produce contained in the product or product line can be traced back to certified forests.
Why you need this?
PEFC system ensures that claims about products originating in sustainably managed forests are credible and verifiable throughout the whole supply chain. It is used to certify entities all along the value-chain of forest-based products
The acquisition of Chain of Custody certification reinforces the sustainability commitments of businesses. It provides companies with a commercial advantage as it allows them to use the PEFC logo on products, making them the preferred choice especially for responsible consumers.
How does this help organization?
· PEFC respects and relies on worldwide, internationally agreed processes for certification and sustainable forestry as the basis on which to build national certification standards and schemes. These processes include the inter-governmental processes for sustainable forest management developed in consultation with thousands of forestry experts and stakeholders from interested parties.
· PEFC provides a framework through which national and regional certification schemes can integrate internationally agreed criteria with their local circumstances.
· The forest management performance standards of national PEFC schemes are based on the results of inter-governmental processes such as the Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe. This conference grew out of the UN Conference on Environment and Development at Rio de Janeiro in 1992 and is an on-going process. This ensures that, if the Ministerial Conference (representing the governments of 37 countries) agrees on changes in any aspect of sustainable forest management, those changes will be put into practice through PEFC certification.
· National forest certification schemes remain independent but co-operate with each other under the PEFC umbrella to ensure that the wood from each scheme meets equivalent standards and so can be traded internationally.
· Through PEFC, customers, trade and industry all over the world can rely on the fact that forest management with PEFC certification in any country will exceed the internationally approved strict requirements.
· The open, transparent and democratic decision-making process of PEFC ensures the possibility of multiple stakeholder participation at local, national and international level. Its approach is anchored in active participation and implementation at grass roots level.
The certification model applied by PEFC ensures that the procedures and their monitoring are always independent of one another, as separate professional bodies perform each of them.
Avanta consist of experienced PEFC consultants who can successfully implement the requirements and can help you in certification to COC.
Email address: email@example.com
Tel: +65 6295 2112
Fax: +65 6295 6683
Address: 72 Bendemeer Road, #03-29 Luzerne, Singapore 339941