Behavioural-Based Safety Process
|BBS is about early prediction, early detection and early intervention to prevent any incident and reduction of risk level. It is a good platform for communication and involves significant workforce participation and concurrently targeting systemic causal factors for at-risk behaviours.|
The real BBS benefits is beyond injury reduction and is not limited to the following:
- Safety performance improvement and productivity.
- Increased employee engagement as behavioural-based safety provides that platform to allow employees to connect through observation and feedback.
- A positive safety culture change as behavioural-based safety is an integral foundation of safety and health management system. The public image of the organization will be improved.
- Improved relationship development between workers and management staff.
- Developing trust, respect and open communication in the workforce.
- Enhanced staff development as many have observed the staff/employees have gained higher levels of confidence and communication skills.
- A strong, consistent, timely reaction to discovery of unsafe acts, whether they result in injury or not.
- An excellent tool for addressing system causes of injuries.
- It builds stronger work groups as it brings people together periodically for safety discussion, sharing, talks, decision making meetings, and allow them to organise its safety procedures and set own safety goals. In addition, it helps to reduce or eliminate bystander effect.
The main benefit of behavioural-based safety is improved organizational culture and communication throughout organization.
We provide BBS consultancy services (setting up the whole BBS Process, developing BBS Checklist, analysis existing BBS process for improvement, drafting of BBS procedure, or conducting safety climate survey or provision of data collection and analysis platform, and both customized in-house and structured (Public Run) BBS trainings.
How Avanta Can assist
|Avanta is one of the leading consultancy providers in Singapore. Our consultants have more than 20 years in the field of Quality, Environment, Safety and Health. We have helped and a lot of SME’s achieve the certification. We at Avanta make it our priority to enable our clients to focus on their real business while we take care of their intensive business processes behind the scenes.|