16 hours (2 days)
Venue: Main Office (Bendemeer)
20 Bendemeer Road, #04-06 BS Bendemeer Centre, Singapore 339914
Most construction projects undergo delay due to different reasons. If the contractor fails to deliver the project as per contract within the specified time duration then the Employer is eligible to deduct Liquidated Damages. This is not to the benefit of the contractor. However, if the delay is due to a valid reason the contractor is entitled to claim for Extension of Time. Further, he can also submit his claim for prolongation cost.
Usually, Standard Conditions of Contracts have clauses and provisions for both Extension of Time and claim for prolongation cost. However, when it comes to real situations, this is one of the most disputed topics in the construction industry. If the contractor fails to identify the grounds to claim and when to claim, he will lose his opportunity to claim an extension of time. In the end, the Employer is eligible to deduct Liquidated Damages for a project delay.
This course will provide you with the necessary knowledge on how to identify claim situation, how to prepare an EOT claim and most importantly how to win it.
- Understand the principles and concepts behind Delay and Extension of time.
- Learn how to identify the grounds to claim Extension of Time.
- Know how to prepare and submit a EOT claim and claim for prolongation costs.
- How to submit a successful EOT claim and what are the mistakes to avoid.
- Learn how to effectively negotiate your claims
Who Should Attend
Quantity Surveyors, Engineers, contractors and anyone who is in the construction industry.