Child First Aid Refresher Course registration is commencing from 1st April 2022 onwards
16 hours (2 days)
S$117.70/- (GST Inclusive)
w.e.f. 15 Sept 2018 – Course fee will be revised, and SDF funding migrated to NETT fee.
Please visit this link to register for the full Child First Aid Course.
Venue: Main Office (Bendemeer)
20 Bendemeer Road, #04-06 BS Bendemeer Centre, Singapore 339914
This course is accredited by SRFAC and ECDA
Course Code: CRS-N-0040357
TPGateway Course Code: – TGS-2022012614 (Only applicable for self-sponsored Trainee to submit SkillsFuture Credit)
- Attendance: Achieve 100% for entire course and 100% for Child/Infant CPR
- Written Assessment: 70% to pass CFAC MCQ
- Practical Assessment: Obtain ‘C’ (Competent)
English, Mandarin (2017)
The Child First Aid Course is a compulsory course for childcare and pre-school professionals under the Early Childhood Development Agency’s licensing framework. The aim of the course is to provide relevant knowledge and skills in rendering first aid treatment to a child or infant during any emergency at the childcare or pre-school centers. Any individuals with interest in child/infant first aid.
This course is accredited by the National First Aid Council (NFAC), Singapore. Upon successful completion of course, a certification with 2 years validity will be issued.
- Provide trainees with safety information and standards for children and infants in Singapore
- Prepare trainees with the necessary skills in identifying, planning and managing and the emergency situation at home or in school
- Equip trainees with the skills in rendering first aid to common accidents among infants and children, its related injuries and medical emergencies
- Equip trainees with the skills in providing effective resuscitation (CPR) to a child and an infant during emergencies
- Recognise a medical emergency situation involving children and infants
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency
- Perform the necessary and correct first aid treatment to a child/infant casualty based on their injuries
- Perform CPR on children and infants during an emergency
- Perform the Necessary first aid treatment for Foreign body airway obstruction on children and infants
- Duties and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Handling and Transportation of the Injured
- Circulation and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Circulatory System, Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Poisons, Bites and Stings
- Bones, Joints, Muscle Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Respiratory Choking and Breathing Difficulties
- Chapter 1: Essentials of First Aid
- Chapter 2: Unconscious Casualty (Non-Cardiac Arrest)
- Chapter 3: Respiratory Problems
- Chapter 4: Shock, Bleeding and Wounds
- Chapter 5 Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Chapter 6: Burn Injuries
- Chapter 7: Other First Aid Knowledge
- Chapter 8: CPR+AED
The individual who have attended the full Child First Aid course after 1st June 2020.
Enrolment for refresher course must be supported by the latest expiring/expired certificate (within 3 months before/after the stated expiry date).
Follow us on Facebook & LinkedIn