Confined Space Management (TSC Code – WPH-WSH-5059-1.1) is the Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC) Title of Assess Confined Space for Safe Entry and Work (WSQ Competency Code – OH-CB-506E-1). This course is also known as the Confined Space Assessor Course
Please note, 26 WSQ Workplace Safety and Health Professional (WSHP) and WSQ Occupational Hygiene Professional (OH) Competency Standards (CS) have transited to the Skills Framework (SFw) for WSH Technical Skills and Competencies. You can check this link for more details: Competency Unit to Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC) Title
40 hours (37 hours of training and 3 hours of assessment)
(Oral interview will be 15 to 20 minutes per participant)
S$500.00 + GST, Per Participant
SkillsFuture funding available up to 70% and SFC Eligible, subjected to SkillsFuture T&C.
For SDF or Skillsfuture credit subsidy, please download and use the forms above instead of the online form to register.
Training Centre (Pioneer)
No. 1 Soon Lee Street, #04-08 Pioneer Centre, Singapore 627605
Main Office (Bendemeer)
20 Bendemeer Road, #04-06 BS Bendemeer Centre, Singapore 339914
This course is qualified for 20 SDU Points (CPD Code – CPD/114/T2.0/2023012, Valid from 01/06/2023 to 30/11/2023), 28 PDU points by PEB for the registered Professional Engineers. Kindly contact our CSOs for further information.
Course code: CRS-Q-0023151-OH
TPGateway Course Code: TGS-2012500981 (Only applicable for self-sponsored Trainee to submit SkillsFuture Credit)
Course Medium: English
Part 1: Written Questions (2.5 hours)
Part 2: Demonstration (15 minutes), and
Part 3: Oral Questioning (about 15 – 30 minutes)
Statement of Attainment (SOA) by Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
• Persons who want to obtain the knowledge to be competent for taking up an appointment of a confined space safety assessor.
• Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
• Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians etc.
• Confined space entrants, attendants, supervisors, rescue personnel.
On completion of this unit, the learner will have the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills in basic principles in working within/around confined space. This includes:
• Use of appropriate gas testing equipment to ascertain that the confined space atmosphere is safe for entry and work.
• Recognize the limitation of the test equipment used; calibrate the equipment and use it to obtain representative results for the assessment of confined space for safe entry and work.
• Monitoring the atmospheric conditions to ensure that it is safe for entry and work.
• Legislation and Code of Practice on confined space work
• Duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space work Identification and recognition of confined spaces
• Confined space hazards
• Part A – Atmospheric Hazard Confined space hazards
• Part B – Physical and Biological Hazards
• Risk Assessment Prevention and Control of Confined Space Hazards – Part A
• Prevention and Control of Confined Space Hazards – Part B
• Type of Gas Monitoring Instruments, their applications and limitations
• Gas Testing Procedures
• Part A – Gas Testing Procedures
• Part B – Direct reading instruments Gas Testing Procedures
• Part C – Accident Case Studies of Accidents in Confined Spaces
• Selection, use, fit, and maintenance of personal protective equipment used for work in confined spaces
• Communication and Emergency Response Plan Examination
Other than Confined Space Assessor Course, we do have confined space courses for Workers, Supervisors, and Rescue.
For the latest Updates, Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn