Occupational First Aid Refresher Course is a mandatory training course for Occupational First Aiders. The aim of this first aid course is to train individuals to render first aid treatment to the casualty during an emergency or accident at the workplace.
Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations 2006 Reg. 5 (2) stipulates that “every person appointed as a First Aider shall have undergone and successfully completed such training in first-aid treatment as the Commissioner may approve”.
This course is accredited by the Learning Service Providers (LSP). The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has required learning service providers to attain the ISO 29990:2010 Learning Service Provider (LSP) certification as part of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) training.
The ISO 29990:2010 LSP certification is administered by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) through its Certification Bodies (CBs) and will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) Scheme.
Upon successful completion, of course, a certification with 2 years validity will be issued.
17.5 hours (including 2 hours 40 minutes of assessment)
S$272.85/- (GST Inclusive)
w.e.f. 15 Sept 2018 – Course fee will be revised, and SDF funding migrated to NETT fee.
*For Occupational First Aid Course, please click here
Venue: Main Office (Bendemeer)
20 Bendemeer Road, #04-06 BS Bendemeer Centre, Singapore 339914
17 SDU points awarded upon successful completion.
Course Code: CRS-N-0031410
TPGateway Course Code: TGS-2018500114 (Only applicable for self-sponsored Trainee to submit SkillsFuture Credit)
Course Medium: English, Mandarin
Attendance Criteria: Trainee must achieve 75% attendance for the entire course and achieve 100% attendance for CPR + AED.
Written Assessment for 20 OFAC MCQ: 70% to Pass
Written Assessment for 20 CPR + AED MCQ: 80% to Pass
Practical Assessment: Obtain ‘C’ (Competent)
Who should attend
Any individuals with interest in first aid or have been assigned a WSH-related role in the company. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
The course is for individuals holding a current and valid Occupational First Aid Course with CPR+AED (OFAC) certificate which is near to expiry and wishes to renew this certification.
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider
- List the legal requirements under Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations (Cap. 354A, Rg 4) Reg. 5 (2) for the workplace
- Check and pack contents of First Aid Box
- Apply first aid to accident victims in the workplace
- Manage a medical emergency at the workplace
- Manage victims of hazardous chemicals exposure
- Identify common workplace accidents requiring first aid treatment
- Duties and Responsibilities of First Aider
- Handling and Transportation of the Injured
- Management of Medical Emergencies
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & use of AED
- Circulatory System & Management of Bleeding
- Skeletal System, Fractures and Dislocations
- Occupational Eye Injuries
- Skin and Burn Injuries
- Respiratory System and Breathing Difficulties
- Legal Requirements from MOM
- Chemicals in the Workplace
- Accident Prevention
*For Basic First Aid Course please click here.
Follow us on Facebook & LinkedIn for the latest updates