21 hours (including 3 hours of assessment)
S$256.80/- per participant (GST Inclusive)
w.e.f. 15 Sept 2018 – Course fee will be revised, and SDF funding migrated to NETT fee.
Training Centres (Pioneer)
No. 1 Soon Lee Street, #04-08 Pioneer Centre, Singapore 627605
21 SDU points awarded upon successful completion.
This course is qualified for 17 PDU points by PEB for the registered Professional Engineers. Kindly contact our CSOs for further information.
Course code: CRS-Q-0024316-PI
TPGateway Course Code: TGS-2013500771 (Only applicable for self-sponsored Trainee to submit SkillsFuture Credit)
Course Medium: English
Attendance: 80% minimum
The Supervise Work in Confined Space Operation course is one of the core units in all process sectors of the process industry. Upon completion of this unit, learners will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to oversee and supervise activities conducted in confined space.
The course would be appropriate for Engineer, Safety Personnel, Foremen, Supervisors and Contractors who have to work and supervise in the manhole and other confined spaces.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Have basic supervision skills
Have basic knowledge of the Singapore WSH requirements
Have basic knowledge of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Be able to follow written and oral work instructions
• Legislation and Code of Practice on confined space work
• Duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in
• confined space work
• Manhole Hazards Part A – Atmospheric Hazard
• Manhole Hazards Part B – Physical and Biological Hazards
• Manhole Entry Permit System
• Safety Measures for Manhole Entry & Work
• Overview of gas Testing Procedures
• Use and Limitations of Gas Detection Instruments
• Selection, use, fit and maintenance of personal protective equipment used for work in manholes
• Accident Case Studies of Accidents in Manholes
• Communication and Emergency Response Plan